Hoekstra Transportation in Grand Rapids, Michigan is seeking a qualified Automotive Mechanic to perform needed repairs on commercial vehicles. Experience in the automotive industry is required. Position is full time, first shift, in a clean well lit environment. Position will be compensated at a competitive hourly wage and includes health insurance and 401K.
- Diagnosis and repair of commercial vehicles.
- Keeping detailed notes in customer files for training and billing purposes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station.
- Perform work according to safety standards of the position including OSHA rules and regulations.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma
- Clean Driving Record
- Heavy Truck State Certifications Preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in automotive repair or college training equivalent
- Proficient with computers
* Must pass post-employment offer physical and substance abuse screening before 1st day of employment
**Qualified applicants should email resumes to email@example.com
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A curious, inquisitive mind that seeks out better ways to do things
- Ability to delegate, direct and supervise
- High attention to detail and accuracy but able to achieve ‘big picture’ objectives
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) or dealer management systems and concepts
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Current knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in an accounting position
- Daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Oversight of accounts receivable and cash receipt processing
- Oversight of accounts payable and cash disbursement processing
- Maintain general ledger
- Product costing
- Fixed asset tracking – book and tax
- Perform month and year-end closing process
- Produce monthly financial statements including departmental P&Ls
- Perform monthly revenue and expense variance analyses
- Prepare monthly commission statements
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Manage and record debt activity and perform month-end reconciliations
- Provide guidance and coaching to other members on the accounting team
- Coordinate the annual review process with external CPA firm
- Prepare annual budget and forecast
- Prepare financial and operational reports as requested
- Recommend and implement ways to better utilize ERP system, automate accounting processes and improve reporting capabilities from the ERP system for the management team
- Ability to develop financial and operational reports within the ERP’s reporting solution.
- Experience with databases or a business intelligence tool would be valuable.
- Maintain permanent file documents including contracts, agreements and corporate records
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the company and accounting department