Hoekstra Companies in Grand Rapids is seeking a qualified individual to manage the Parts Department. The Parts Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Parts Department to achieve sales and efficiency goals set by Management. The ideal candidate for this position will be a proven leader with an established knowledge of parts management in the automotive industry.
Must have ability to set clear sales objectives, identify opportunities, and develop plans to grow the business. Increase profit margins with a focus on sales and pricing profitability.
- Monthly revenue and gross profit targets for the Parts Department
- Develop and manage monthly and annual sales forecasts and objectives
- Develop and manage a team to manage walk in traffic and call on large fleet accounts
- Establish competitive pricing specifications
- Research and develop new vendor relationships
- Be certified in all parts OEM training requirements
- Work with the Service Department to generate new business opportunities.
- Manage day to day tasks within Parts Department from individual team members, to setting standards for clean and organized work spaces and efficient parts storage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of parts management experience required
- General knowledge of transportation industry and/or commercial vehicle knowledge preferred
- Experience in setting and achieving profit goals within department and working closely with other internal departments to achieve objectives set by management
- Proven ability to successfully manage and maintain an effective team
- Excellent customer service skills, recognized in previous work experience
- Ability to be analytical, problem solve and multi-task
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
This is a fast paced environment which requires a highly motivated technician.We are seeking a technician who is capable of performing diagnostics, daily maintenance, and repairs.
This is a full time position, first shift working hours Monday-Friday, friendly work environment, and a competitive hourly compensation.The ideal candidate is a self-starter, organized, motivated, has a great attitude, and is a hard worker. This position requires your own tools, must keep a clean work environment, and a willing to learn attitude.
Position is full time, health insurance and 401k offered.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Diesel Engine Background
- Must be Proficient with Computers
- Brakes, Shocks, Struts, Tie-Rods
- Problem Solver
- Sprinter Technician Experience a Plus but Not Necessary
- High School Diploma