What to expect when buying a Used School Bus
Hoekstra Transportation school bus product experts will help walk you through the process and may ask questions, such as:
- Have you purchased school buses before?
- When will you need the school bus(es) by?
- What is your approval process & timeline?
- What can our team provide that will help you have a sales conversation with your school district’s decision makers?
If you are a school district with pre-owned school bus knowledge, Hoekstra Transportation is happy to provide you options with the specific capacity and model year you are looking for.
After the sale:
- Hoekstra Transportation will ask for a 5% deposit. This deposit is non-refundable unless, upon inspection, the bus is not accepted or cannot come to terms upon inspection. The bus(es) will not be held until the receipt of the deposit.
- Upon receipt of the deposit, Hoekstra will take the school bus(es) off the market.
- Hoekstra will update you on any changes in mileage between commitment and delivery.
- Hoekstra Transportation will communicate regarding delivery status along the way.
- Initially, Hoekstra will provide an estimated time of delivery.
- As the estimated delivery date approaches, Hoekstra will reach out to schedule the date(s) of delivery.
- Upon delivery, the customer will sign a sales agreement & the deposit will be returned.
Frequently Asked Questions:
School District - Commonly Asked Questions:
Hoekstra Transportation will provide you with a report of specific in-service dates.
This will be provided on a report. This report will combine knowledge of in-service/warranty start date and length of the warranty. Every bus has, at minimum, a 3-year bumper to bumper warranty and 5-year drive-train warranty. If any of the buses have any additional warranty coverage, it will be noted in the report.
For the units we have maintenance contracts with, yes. For the units we do not have contracts with, no.
Delivery is dependent on if the school bus is currently in-stock, the lease return date, when your school district needs the bus(es) by, and school year start date. The Hoekstra team can make bus recommendations based on when you will need your bus(es) by.
Wholesalers - Commonly Asked Questions:
Yes – there is an additional fee associated. Hoekstra Transportation recommends looking into engine torque first, but we can increase the horsepower of the bus upon request.
Hoekstra Transportation guarantees to exceed the state minimum for brakes and tires. Brake and tire condition is available.
Yes – we can provide full specifications.
Photos are available upon request for most units.
Looking for pricing on a pre-owned school bus?
Please see the below report. *Note: if there are any alterations that need to be made to the buses additional fees may apply.