Hoekstra Transportation is growing and looking for dedicated individuals to help reach and create our corporate vision. Interested? Email your resume or employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parts Manager is responsible for the overall efficiency and profitability of the parts departments of the Hoekstra Transportation. He/She will accomplish this by exemplifying superior leadership and support of the parts department employees and customers. This individual will represent Parts Department to the Leadership Team, participating in regular strategic and operational meetings.
- Develop and maintain a parts department where customer service, support, and timeliness are top priority
- Responsible for the financial performance of the parts departments and achievement of desired metrics, including profitable sales growth and disciplined expense control
- Streamline and unify the parts department to ensure maximum efficiency
- Set goals, quotas, and objectives for parts sales and counter representatives, as well as inventory control employees
- Motivate and train parts staff, monitor performance, and follow-up regularly
- Stay abreast of other departments and locations, and share best practices with parts employees
- Hold regular parts department meetings
- Oversee parts department training and ensure we meet OEM requirements
- Build relationship with internal departments
- A contributing member of the company’s safety team
- Creatively grow the parts departments at all three companies while maximizing profitability
- Maximize the parts department’s sales mix and consistently look for new opportunities to grow the department
- Develop and improve on the procedures within the parts department to ensure they create efficiency and a better customer experience (i.e. Fill Rate, True Turn, Obsolescence & Excess, etc.)
- Continually develop staff members and share knowledge and skills pertaining to the different roles within the department
- Hold parts staff accountable for their actions and results
- Operate the parts department with accuracy and efficiency so as to represent Hoekstra Transportation and its manufacturers in a professional and respectable manner
- A key point of contact with manufacturers to ensure dealership is in good standing, is aware of recalls and other parts and service issues
The Content Specialist’s primary responsibility is to define and grow Hoekstra’s web content and social media presence by creating and executing strategic communication plans. This individual will develop and implement website, social, email, video and other forms of content, growing Hoekstra’s reach within the current customer base and target audience. The ideal candidate will be the face of the company with the ability to interact with and entertain customers at outings and events. The Content Specialist works closely with and under the Director of Marketing.
- Create engaging, impactful written and visual content consistent with corporate brand identity while keeping SEO best practices in mind, for various target audiences in multiple platforms, including website, email, social, video and blogs
- Oversee day-to-day management of organic and paid social media, in order to maintain brand consistency and showcase Hoekstra’s personality
- Evaluate effectiveness of content strategies, report findings, recommend and execute tactical solutions.
- Stay current and up to date on measurement tools to optimize content strategy
- Provide support and assist in development and execution of content and social calendars.
- Assist with and attend tradeshows and events.
- Keep up with review responses across all platforms – Google, Yelp, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn etc.
- Light website maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Strategic planning
- Ability to recognize and problem solve
- Creative mindset
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Tactical execution
- High level of attention to detail
- Present professional demeanor and appearance with current and future customer base.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, PR, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- Must have 1-3 years’ professional experience within marketing, advertising, PR or communications fields.
- Previous experience with editing and maintaining web content within CMS. WordPress a plus.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our service team in our Grand Rapids location. This person should be a motivated, high-energy individual, yet have a high attention-to-detail. Specific experience isn’t as critical as a willingness to learn and grow! In exchange, we offer great pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for growth and advancement, and a fun and unique environment to work in!
A Hoekstra Transportation technician’s responsibilities include prepping buses for inspection, delivery to end users, and upfitting buses with accessories, such as cameras, radios, and other equipment. Technicians also perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repairs to new and used buses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis and repair of engines, drive lines, suspensions, brakes, and electrical systems
- Pre-delivery inspections, including passing state police inspections
- Be a team player, willing to help and give advice and assistance to peers
- Meet or exceed assigned repair times, while maintaining quality of work
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Safely perform work and job functions
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a clean driving record
- Excellent time management, attendance and dependability
- Provide personal tools needed for the job
- High school education with college or trade-school experience a plus
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions from manufacturer service manuals
- Position may require frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting
Job Type: Full-time
School bus technician – east Michigan (troy)
sprinter sales representative – west michigan
Hoekstra Transportation in Grand Rapids is a growing business seeking a qualified sales professional to grow relationships with existing customers and identify new prospects for commercial vehicle sales throughout West Michigan.
- Grow current sales volume by completing scheduled and cold call prospecting activities and developing current relationships with existing customers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Work with sales team to establish sales objectives and develop monthly goals for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing product line.
- Regularly meet with Supervisor to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals and status of prospective customers.
- Maintain relationship with vendors and work with manufacturer reps to negotiate sales objectives for dealership.
- Manage inventory to meet market demands based upon industry trends and customer needs and potentials.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Salary posted is expected for the first year.
Ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B. S.) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of 2 years B2B sales experience
- Proven ability to close sales, present sales proposals, generate leads, develop sales forecasts and continually possess a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal, oral and written communication skills
- Clean driving record – minor travel required
Job Type: Full-time