Hoekstra Transportation is growing and looking for dedicated individuals to help reach and create our corporate vision. Interested? Email your resume or employment application to email@example.com.
This is a fast paced environment which requires a highly motivated technician.We are seeking a technician who is capable of performing diagnostics, daily maintenance, and repairs.
This is a full time position, first shift working hours Monday-Friday, friendly work environment, and a competitive hourly compensation.The ideal candidate is a self-starter, organized, motivated, has a great attitude, and is a hard worker. This position requires your own tools, must keep a clean work environment, and a willing to learn attitude.
Position is full time, health insurance and 401k offered.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Diesel Engine Background
- Must be Proficient with Computers
- Brakes, Shocks, Struts, Tie-Rods
- Problem Solver
- Sprinter Technician Experience a Plus but Not Necessary
- High School Diploma
Director of operations
Hoekstra Transportation in Grand Rapids is seeking a qualified individual to oversee the Service and Parts Departments. The Director of Operations will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the departments by providing the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing operational performance. The ideal candidate for this position will be a proven leader with an established knowledge of parts & service management in the automotive industry.
Must have ability to set clear sales objectives, identify opportunities, and develop plans to grow the business. Increase profit margins with a focus on sales and pricing profitability.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the parts & service departments and achievement of desired metrics, including profitable sales growth, disciplined expense control and targeted net return on sales. Also accountable for the evaluation and reshaping of departmental processes to improve efficiency.
- Develop strategy for territory coverage and growth
- Develop and manage monthly and annual sales forecasts and objectives
- Recruit, develop and manage a team to manage walk in traffic and call on large fleet accounts
- Establish department KPI and annual goals
- Assist at parts counter as needed to support customer sales
- Monitor productivity and efficiency of technicians and establish monthly goals
- Develop and manage customer support and training
- Manage mobile techs and service advisors
- Be certified in all parts OEM training requirements
- Manage day to day tasks within the departments from individual team members, to setting standards for clean and organized work spaces and efficient parts storage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of parts management experience required
- General knowledge of transportation industry and/or commercial vehicle knowledge preferred
- Experience in setting and achieving profit goals within department and working closely with other internal departments to achieve objectives set by management
- Proven ability to successfully manage and maintain an effective team.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains a positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills, recognized in previous work experience
- Ability to be analytical, problem solve and multi-task
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 3 years (Preferred)
parts inventory specialist
Hoekstra Transportation in Grand Rapids is seeking a qualified parts inventory specialist. As a specialist, you are responsible for the development and maintenance of the front counter parts sales. You maintain and ensure the accuracy of parts ordered, stocked, and sold. You analyze inventory, customer requirements, purchase order information and labor to provide a cost and service summary. You assist the service team and managers to meet customer needs and improve communication.The ideal candidate will be a hard working team player that is passionate about growing the business and serving our clients.
- Entails over the counter sales of parts and special ordering parts for customers
- Research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary, and must be able to search part numbers using the computer
- Issue purchase orders, track order status, and check in all deliveries
- Must know which parts are in inventory, require reordering, or must be specially ordered
- Contributes to managing inventory and ordering parts and works to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Assist the Service Manager when needed
- Open and close the shop when scheduled
- Position can require frequent lifting of up to 25lbs.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions per service manuals when necessary
- Has a general understanding of automotive systems
- Proficient with computers
- Detail oriented to maintain, monitor, and continuously update the parts inventory for the dealership
- Able to work independently, managing his or her time and work flow
- Excellent customer service skills in person and over the phone
- Background in parts/sales/service or engine repair – 2yrs experience minimum
*Position is first shift, Monday-Friday schedule, in a clean well lit environment. Health Benefits and 401K offered.
Job Type: Full-time