Hoekstra Transportation is growing and looking for dedicated individuals to help reach and create our corporate vision. Interested? Email your resume or employment application to email@example.com.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our service team in our Grand Rapids location. This person should be a motivated, high-energy individual, yet have a high attention-to-detail. Specific experience isn’t as critical as a willingness to learn and grow! In exchange, we offer great pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for growth and advancement, and a fun and unique environment to work in!
A Hoekstra Transportation technician’s responsibilities include prepping buses for inspection, delivery to end users, and upfitting buses with accessories, such as cameras, radios, and other equipment. Technicians also perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repairs to new and used buses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis and repair of engines, drive lines, suspensions, brakes, and electrical systems
- Pre-delivery inspections, including passing state police inspections
- Be a team player, willing to help and give advice and assistance to peers
- Meet or exceed assigned repair times, while maintaining quality of work
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Safely perform work and job functions
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a clean driving record
- Excellent time management, attendance and dependability
- Provide personal tools needed for the job
- High school education with college or trade-school experience a plus
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions from manufacturer service manuals
- Position may require frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting
Job Type: Full-time