Hoekstra Transportation is growing and looking for dedicated individuals to help reach and create our corporate vision. Interested? Email your resume or employment application to email@example.com.
Back Counter Parts Representative
Hoekstra Transportation has an opening for a full time/hourly – Back Counter Parts Representative at our 3741 Roger B Chaffee Mem Blvd location.
This person should have a team mentality. Experience is a plus but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate
Key Duties and Responsibilities: responsible for assisting the shop technicians, field service technicians and customers in finding the appropriate parts to repair their vehicles while providing exceptional customer service through knowledgeable, friendly, professional interactions. This parts employee will also be responsible for invoicing parts on work orders and customer orders.
- Create an environment in which all customers feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Develop knowledge and skills pertaining to the industry in order to better serve our customers.
- Operate within the parts department with accuracy and efficiency so as to represent your employer and vendors in a professional and respectful manner.
- Greet all customers in a professional manner.
- Treat technicians as internal customers of the parts department.
- Treat internal and external customers with respect.
- Answer the phone as quickly as possible and return messages in a timely manner.
- Follow up with customers and the service department.
- Provide customers with accurate parts as required.
- Provide customers with parts breakdowns when requested.
- Provide estimates when requested by the service department.
- Suggest add-on items to be purchased.
- Actively listen to customers and ask questions to fully understand and meet their needs.
- Contact/follow up with vendors to completion when backorders or discrepancies occur.
- Assist in keeping the parts department clean and orderly.
- Assist with inventory and inventory management.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing parts product.
- Maintain inventory levels on shop supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by parts manager.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our service team in our Grand Rapids location. This person should be a motivated, high-energy individual, yet have a high attention-to-detail. Specific experience isn’t as critical as a willingness to learn and grow! In exchange, we offer great pay and benefits, as well as opportunity for growth and advancement, and a fun and unique environment to work in!
A Hoekstra Transportation technician’s responsibilities include prepping buses for inspection, delivery to end users, and upfitting buses with accessories, such as cameras, radios, and other equipment. Technicians also perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repairs to new and used buses.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosis and repair of engines, drive lines, suspensions, brakes, and electrical systems
- Pre-delivery inspections, including passing state police inspections
- Be a team player, willing to help and give advice and assistance to peers
- Meet or exceed assigned repair times, while maintaining quality of work
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Safely perform work and job functions
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a clean driving record
- Excellent time management, attendance and dependability
- Provide personal tools needed for the job
- High school education with college or trade-school experience a plus
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions from manufacturer service manuals
- Position may require frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting
Job Type: Full-time